My Blog List

Monday, April 19, 2010

Soul Food

As much of a foodie as I am, and I would really love to sit around and write how much I love food, this entry is about the soul and the things that I do to feed mine. My time for myself is spent immersed in warm bubbly happiness in the bathtub. Now that I have a computer I put on my favorite Ingrid Michaelson Pandora station and soak with my fashion magazines that teach me all about how to be prettier. Really I just like the pictures, I am like a child who loves picture books! I know it sounds completely cliche' but candles really add to the experience! I fit all different ways into the bathtub and so I squirm around until I am comfortable and then I melt in all the gooey goodness of spending quiet time with myself and my favorite music. Sometimes I find my mind has taken over and the pretty picture isn't holding my attention anymore. I will unleash my wandering thoughts and let them roam freely. This is when they tend to reveal truths that I didn't know I knew. This is when I can truly be quiet and teach myself. I mull over decisions, I piece together troubles and problems, and I think about everything in my life.
My hard working body thanks me every moment I am in the tub. My muscles drink in the warmth and heal with it. More often than not I am having a bath to ease my muscles and not my mind. I recommend hot baths to my massage clients every single day, and wouldn't that just make me such a hypocrite if I didn't take time to enjoy one?
Another thing I do to feed my soul is work on my relationship with God. I study the scriptures, I say heartfelt prayers and I take time to study and conceptualize the things I learn each Sunday at church. Feeding the soul should be the most enjoyable of experiences. Speaking of which, all my bubbles are slowly popping without me enjoying them! I'm off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment